Monday 20 July 2009

That Rowing test

A wee bit ego probably isn't a bad thing when it comes to trying to get back into shape, but last week mine was taking the rowing test results ver badly indeed. 903m rowed when below average for the 30's was 957m and 938, for the 40's. It's been burning me badly, but chatting with one of my colleagues he put me onto the damper setting. Bit of research on the Concept web site reveals that the damper is normally set to around 3 to emulate real boat conditions... well I feel a wee bit better now, but to measure any improvements I have to stick with the same settings, pah! but I'm not really happy that I can't compare myself with that chart... soooooo! Here's the plan. Do the 4 min test with damper set @7 - Hopefully do more than last week. Recover from the test then repeat with damper set @3. See if I go any further. If the ego is sated, I'll probably stick with a higher setting to give the upper body a better workout anyway, but it'll be good to know, even if I am comparing myself with some arbitrary table on the internet... ego! hmmmph! Will be extremely dissapointed if I don't get into the below average band! You may not hear from me if that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment