Tuesday 21 July 2009

A mixed bag of progress

Well, the good news is that the fancy electronic weighing & height machine is back up and running, so a down to the daks weigh-in measured me at 1.71m & 86.8kg - BMI 29.6.

Ya Beauty! Down to seriously overweight, verging on clinically obese rather than actually obese ;-) of course the extra 2cm helps too, but shows the importance of getting a decent measurement in the first place anyway.

Of course, we need a level of consistency, so the old school machine in the gym - with clothes on - has me at 87.6kg which is still a loss of 0.9kg - Not too bad!

Treadmill score dropped off too though, but that may be more to do with it being a heart rate test and the amazonian goddess working out on the squat rack which was in my line of sight. Pleased with the press-ups, disappointed (and surprised) with the dips scores. Can't complain about the pull-ups and elated with 963m on the O'Neil test taking me up into the scoring zone. Didn't really recover well enough for the 2nd test to have any real relevance, other than it convinces me that I'd score better with the damper set at 3 or 4, but not as much better as I'd probably have thought before trying it. I think it has more of an effect on the technique rather than anything else, but certainly would lead to more distance - might try it when fresh just to see how it actually goes, but this week was about setting a marker for improvement, which I think I've done.



ItemPreviousLatest
Weight88.587.6
Treadmill test44.143.5
Pressups2325, 20
Dips65,3
Pull-Ups24
Rowing test @ 7903m961m
Rowing test @ 3N/A858m

No comments:

Post a Comment