Wednesday 26 August 2009

Going backwards...

It's been a terrible period for my fitness campaign. The calf tear stopped all the serious cardio work and now I've got a stinker of a cold. Had it for just over a week now and although I seem to have gotten over it mostly, I still can't see me training before the weekend. Haven't even bothered to weigh myself...

What it reinforces though is that fitness can't just be a wee fad. It can't just be something that you do for 6 weeks or so aiming for a specific event. It has to be an everyday part of your lifestyle and the big events are something that you should ramp up for. I feel like I've gone backwards, just by standing still and I think that's probably due to the low level of my base fitness. The 2 weeks of gain are probably lost, but I need to use this as motivation to maintain a better lifestyle...

No comments:

Post a Comment