Tuesday 4 August 2009

Another setback

Well, I've got a wee tear in my calf. Spent too much time up on my toes at the cardio class - Should have stopped when I felt it stiffen up. Should have iced it after and should have been more careful going up the stairs on Sunday when it tore ;-(
Didn't run, drunk too much red wine and the weight has slipped back up to 87kg.

Pressups were good though, 2 sets of 25 plus another 10. Dips & Pullups pretty poor and rowing was back down to 904m, although I was probably being a wee bit conservative on the ergometer due to the calf injury.

The momentum that I was gaining has definitely dropped off though, so I'm going to have to be ultra careful about what I eat this week, as I won't get anywhere near the same level of cardio exercise as I have been getting. I'm going to give the upper body a complete beasting on Thursday and see how this theory of building muscles assists in weight loss by increasing the metabolism, I've been doing a bit of weight work for that purpose anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment