Wednesday 31 July 2019

Hamstrung by stupidity

Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fucking Fuck!!!!!!

Was really starting to feel great. Genuinely benefitting from a wonderful break in Sardinia, chilling with the family, catching plenty of rays, dipping into the pool daily and even getting up for some early morning Body Balance - very cool class that is a mix of Yoga, Pilates & Callanetics with a very chilled out set of background tracks to work to. Doing it from a shelter just after sunrise looking out to sea added to the tranquility.

All of this tranquility and peace may explain why when the lovely Rachel asked if one of the parents could join in the football to even up the teams I reluctantly stuck my hand up and took my place in goals... Of course it could have been the tranquility, but it wasn't was it! Bloody stupid ego of a man who should know better is much closer to the truth... 2 stunning saves later and I'm dreaming of a comeback... Here they come... Change of direction, attempt at acceleration, foot slipping on uneven surface... Twang!

Just like that, another 6 weeks of rehab and the echoes of a doctor's voice in the distance reminding me that after 6 months rest, I shouldn't expect my body to be as it was before I was ill...

Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fucking Fuck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment