Thursday 18 July 2019

6 Months later

Nice review meeting with a hospital consultant this morning. Under normal circumstances I think we would have just stopped the Warfarin, shook hands and parted our ways, but with the sudden death of my brother last year and no post-mortem, there remains a concern that this could be some genetic condition at play.

Warfarin days are over though, so that's the good news.

Next stage is to return to hospital in 4 weeks time, to allow system to be cleared of Warfarin, and get some more blood tests (D-Dimer) which will further inform the decision as to whether I need to adapt a prophylactic medical regime or can return to unmedicated status - which is my preferred option, of course.

Still, that been 6 months sans-alcohol. I've not really missed it to be honest, and with my new found knowledge of Alcohol-free beers, could this become a lifestyle choice???

No comments:

Post a Comment